Thursday, 10 April 2014

Village close to Gurgaon

This week Susanna and I went for a drive out to the villages close to Gurgaon.
Our first stop, a small private temple with wonderful paintings

Susanna finds the best pics
The Temple
Each temple has wonderful figurines
The Ladies and children were shopping


The real reason for the stop was to see these huts made out of cow paddies...




It is harvest season here.  Fields and fields with women, men and children working. Cut by hand, carried and stacked

Farms had milk cows, water buffalo, camels, goats, chickens

He Loved his picture taken.
The cow paddie huts were decorated









We found an old mosque dating back 500 years

These carry the chipped straw, Big Load


Bangles and Bangles




If you look close at this plant, it is very interesting.... growing wild in this village

Great trip to the country side, I look forward to more.  The people we met were kind to let us take photos

2 comments:

  1. I can read your blog again.....it was so much fun to have you with me...let's do it again...most fun was the look on your face when I showed you the beautiful green plants!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. finally. Yes, I have been told I should have brought some home and made brownies or cookies... Just for the days I have workers...

      Delete