Friday, 16 May 2014

Faridabad

Faridabad, is a city about 30 minutes from Gurgaon.  We (Susanna and I, and of course her driver/guide) took the trip in search of Surajkund, but it seems we always find more along the way.

Our first stop was a new construction of a very large statue at a temple
We were not surprised to see a dry lake at this time of year.  But we were hoping



We walked down to an Oasis
Rishi paras tapo bhumi Temple, Same Same but different
The water is enjoyed by a group of boys, Hot day
Langur Monkeys
First Date Palms I have seen in India
Suura J Kund  Water tank resembling a Roamn amphithreatre, It is Hindu dates to 10th century. For sun worship
rhesus monkey
Camels for hire, too hot for me
We attending a Mela or Bazaar in Surajkund, but we did not know we were so close to the dam, it is across the street.

 


Flame Tree, Royal Poinciana or Flamboyant or In India and Pakistan it is known as Gulmohar گل مور or گلمور in Hindi and Urdu. In Persian "gul" means "flower", and "mohr" means "coin" or "stamp". Also "mor" means "peacock", which seems to be most close to physical appearance and beauty of this tree.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/23/world/asia/fed-by-indians-monkeys-overwhelm-delhi.html
Today I happened to see this article, it is from 2012 but is a good read


1 comment:

  1. Really interesting, Kathy. I found the article on the monkeys quite fascinating as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete