Sunday, 30 November 2014

Deeg Water Palace


Although, not alot of water, a wonderful palace to visit.

Deeg Water Palace was a favourite summer retreat for Bharatpur kings. Badan Singh 1722 - 56 was the founder and Jat kingdom.
The Bharatpur family lived here til 1951.  I am sure they were sat to leave this beautiful place.

Mughal Marble swing frames Susanna

The main entrance is named Singh Pol after the two lions at the top

Pavilion Sawan


The palace had great furniture, imagination can wander here
I am amazed at the large fans, Susanna said the fans moved by ropes pulled in another room
On the table is an elephant foot, not sure I would want it for decoration







Monkeys, monkeys

Wow, twice in one day we find Ladies washing laundry

The colour, the water reflection, the Ladies in the village are lucky to have water for laundry

Blue mosque, white, green, orange, Happy Camera













Keshav Bhavan

Ladies

The Palace was worth the drive on the bumpy road, Thanks Susanna




No comments:

Post a Comment