Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Dubai Camel Trek Learning Day One

Dubai is an amazing place to live...

Today I was delighted to be part of a group of expats that wanted to explore more of Dubai.

We gathered together to learn more about camels and prepare for a camel trek in January. 

Almost 100 people applied, only 15 will be picked to go on the trek.  Hmm I wonder if I will be picked....

On our first day we learned to put our gear on the camel.  Our group came together as we watched, learned and finally geared up our camel.

I learned that knots were important.  Our teachers were patient and seemed happy to teach us.

Just like the saddle on our horse,  everything needs to be centred properly, tighten, and smooth on the camel.

My camels name was Laal, meaning Red in Hindi

Camel in Arabic is Jamaal, which mean beautiful.  And he is...




 





The gear is rolled up and ready 





















1 comment:

  1. 100 paired down to 15? Wow, that is quite the cut. I hope you make it! Being able to immerse yourself in an experience which people have done for thousands of years is a pretty big deal. I am so excited for you! Good luck mom.

    ReplyDelete